Help, 300e won't start

My lovely son took my beloved 1989 300e through some high water. It never stalled or skipped a beat, but once through the water, and after idling for 30 seconds it stalled. I was able to get it started once more, but stalled again. Now it just turns over without catching. I can here the fuel pump buzzing when I turn the key, so it is ok. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

Thanks,

Thom

Reply to
Thom

Remove the distributer - let dry - re install & start

Reply to
iNet

I assume you mean the Distributer cap? It looked dry to me, but I will try anything once. I hate driving my son's car.

Thanks

Reply to
Thom

Drive it through some water for him.

sorry

jim

Reply to
Jim Procter

Actually, he already did. I was his rescue. Unfortunately for me, he tried what he thought was hight ground in my car.

Reply to
Thom

DO these cars have a coil? I don't think I am getting spark, my distributer was dry.

Reply to
Thom