Help: 87 300D - how to remove badges

I am preparing my 87 300D for a complete paint job. How can I remove the chrome pieces ( "300D", the star, and "Turbo") mounted on the trunk lid, without damaging them?

TIA snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address

Reply to
Bill

Look on the back. You'll see some really stupid flat tabs that serve as retaining clips. Pry them off carefully yhen throw the stupid things away and thread the posts from the madallions and pe attach them with stainless wahsers and bolts.

Reply to
Richard J. Sexton (At work