Help! Brakes won't pump up on my 1986 190E

Oh, I forgot ... we are located in Ohio

Reply to
M&M via CarKB.com

Ahh... Ohio... Look at it this way... $281 is dirt cheap. No doubt about it. The spring does sound pretty bad and I believe him... it must be really bad to make him say not worth it. If you had a mechanic do the repair... he would replace the lower control arm... you need internal spring compressor to do the job... The spring is the most dangerous part of the job... other is fairly easy.

The good news is that that car is worth more than $281... People would want it for parts. You don't have to sell piece by piece (which would yield alot more money)... you could sell the whole car for like $1100 for the whole car. It has good engine... good tranny... maybe okay interior... etc...

I have an 88 190e... part car... but in NJ... which you can use alot out of it... but heck not worth the travel.

Reply to
Tiger

Yes, that's what my husband wants to do, resell it, but we just bought it and I really didn't want to hassel with it, and I also wanted to post this problem to see if anyone had any suggestions, never know what someone else might come up with, maybe a trick or something they did to fix something like this, never hurts to try. But thanks again for your help and info, do you think we should relist the MB on eBay or go a different route? I liked the little car only had it a few days, but better not try to tackle this job, maybe we'll be able to resell it, hope so! Thanks again for all you time.... you've been very helpful.

Kind Regards, M&M

Reply to
M&M via CarKB.com

Poeple that say this have never actually done it before.

Reply to
Richard Sexton