Help ! C220 CDI - Won't revup

I have a customers C220 CDI common rail diesel - 2000 model which won't accelerate beyond 3,000 rpm. It is like this all the time whether the car is at rest in neutral or driving. The car drives fine
once you have worked your way through the gears to cruising speed. I have tried changing the air mass sensor which is normally the cause of this sort of problem but no good on this occasion .There are definately no air leaks between the air filter and the inlet manifold. Has anybody encountered this problem ? If so any help would be much appreciated.
On 9 Dec 2003 05:58:05 -0800, cork snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Cork_ie) wrote:

Check that turbo is delivering boost. split intercoolers are common on these cars, also the catalysts sometimes break up causing partial blockage to the exhaust, if you drop the centre section of the exhaust and run water backwards through it (opposite direction to travel of exhaust gas) you will see metallic particles in the water that runs out if the catalyst has begun to break up.
Be careful of the spring clip on the front section of the exhaust, they come off very fast, I've got a nice scar across the bridge of my nose from one of these ;-)
These would be the first two things I would check.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk