HELP!! C230 Kompressor stalling question.

Hi All,
I spent last night freezing, waiting for a tow truck because of a problem with my C230. It would start for maybe 3-5 seconds and then just die. I called the roadside assistance people and they suggested
it is a fuel pump relay or maybe the fuel pump itself. Is this a common problem for this vehicle? I'd be interested in any comments from the group on what the problem might be. Thanks in advance for your help.
No problem with my MY02 C230. I hope your problem isn't a trend.
Larry B.

Problems with fuel pumps etc, can occur if you buy fuel from supermarket filling stations. It low grade fuel, or so I have been advised by many a mechanic. Avoid them. With the Kompressor engine it is recommended that you use unleaded plus fuel. I think its the 97 or 98 octane. That goes for all supercharged/ turbo charged engines.

You don't give much background information. How old is the car and how many miles on its engine? How long since its last service? Is this failure the first such failure?
Lacking such data, the following GUESSES are offered: Water in the fuel line froze and blocked most of the fuel stream. The engine's cold start system is defective. Pump could be a possibility. Tank of gas with water in it a possibility.
Fuel pump relay is unlikely for if it were to fail it would be irregular and intermittent.

Thanks for your suggestions. The problem ended up being loose wiring! (so says my mechanic) No trend here at least!