HELP ME PLEASE 93 190 rear brakes

i have a 190 benzs and the rear brake stick all the time. i have change the pads rotors both brake hoses brake lines i bleed them and no air comes out just fluid, but the still stick some say its in my abs some say booster. help me please

Reply to
Cctdl4

You did not fix the problem. Replace the MASTER cylinder. It is not an ABS problem, stick to the basic hydraulic system.... that is where the problem is.

Reply to
Karl

ok but wouldnt that effect both front and rear brake im only have problem with the rear wheel sticking could there still be air in the line. thank you for youradvice it help me make up my mind im gone to replace it next

Reply to
Cctdl4

I would think if it is both rear wheels it is the master cylinder but if it is only one it might be the caliper. Jerry in Ohio

Reply to
Jerry Sommer

That is why you have a dual master cylinder: front and rear are independant of each other. Look at your reservoir. You will see 2 chambers. The large chamber is for the front brakes, they have larger calipers. The small chamber is the rear brakes. It is usually at the booster end of the master. The master has two plungers in it, not one for both. Here is a break down pic of a tandem master cylinder: [it is a VW but it is same idea]

Karl

When you say that the brakes "stick", are you saying that the calipers grip the rotors and don't release when you take you foot off the brake? Have you had the calipers checked? They are pretty old at this date. If the brake fluid is correct, and the master cylinder is working, physically examining the calipers would be a good idea. Given the expansion flexibility of rubber brake lines, braided stainless over teflon gives a much better feel when braking, as do Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors (front) with Rotex Gold brake pads (coximport.com) which don't make the front wheels black at all! P.

Reply to
pkmaven

I just had to have a passenger side, rear wheel caliper done. He said that both sides are the same age and likely to go at the same time, thus he didn't like to do just one unless it was due to some accident rather than normal wear. He said that sometimes when just one is replaced that the other one with then blow out. So next week I'm having the other one done...or at least checked for its condition. Is that the way you deal with the caliper thing? e.g., replace both back ones at the same time?

Reply to
Helen

i for got i have new caliper are new as well thank you guys you been a real help thanks again

Reply to
Cctdl4

You don't normally need to do that, but if the car has a long service life behind it, it's not a bad idea to do them both.

Marty

PS The fixing one side, makes the other side blow a week later theory is crap.

Reply to
Martin Joseph