Help! Need to find out if my soon to be "ex" husband sold my car.

Can anyone help me find out if my soon to be "ex" husband sold my car? He keeps telling me its in the shop. That was 1 month ago! Help I dont know what to do!

VN number : YV1TS94D211189569

Thank YOU, Shimmering_seas

Reply to
Shimmering_Seas

Well, besides having your lawyer provide a court order to return the car or provide its location, how about checking CarFax (which shows this car as a

2001 Volvo s80...)?

Josh

Reply to
Josh

Why don't you go to the shop and see for yourself?

Reply to
marlinspike

Carfax charges 20 Dollars and I wasnt sure if it would tell me. Also my lawyer did put in a request for the location of the car but his lawyer isnt calling my lawyer back...

Reply to
Shimmering_Seas

I dont know what shop... He wont tell me.

Reply to
Shimmering_Seas

What really makes me think he sold it is he is now driving around in a new car.

Reply to
Shimmering_Seas

Can someone look in Carfax for me?

Reply to
Shimmering_Seas

Which state are you in, perhaps I can recommend a superior attorney.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Ask the state DMV; title is transfered there.

Alternatively, phone "the shop" and ask what's specifically wrong with the car and why it's taking them so long to fix it.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I can I just thought there might be a easier why by looking online.

Reply to
Shimmering_Seas

Sorry, my subscription ended yesterday. In any event, carfax is not so current that something in the last few weeks would show.

Reply to
Dano

Report it stolen.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

But you said 75 mins before this post that you don't know in which garage the car is.

Here you are saying you could go and look but prefer to do it online.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Sorry Go to the DMV. Not the "Shop"

Reply to
Shimmering_Seas

Go to DMV and ask... you are still legally his wife...

Reply to
Tiger

This is a good idea if you tell him you are going to do so first...

ie "Tell me where my car is or I am going to report it stolen and tell the police you took it..."

This might be just the incentive for him to come across.

Then again, even if he sold it he still is going to owe you the same amount either way. Just annoying if you liked the car.

The best idea is to avoid all contact with him and let your attorney handle it. Your attorney of competent should be protecting you interests in whatever properties are jointly owned.

Good Luck, Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph