Help needed 84 300td

I still can't find the flasher unit in the car. I have looked under the dash by the drivers seat and tried to bet behind the radio but can't figure how to get the radio out. Can anyone help? Larry

Reply to
L. Mormino

It should be under the dash to the left of the steering wheel or attached to the driver's side wall under the dash. I believe it is dark brown, rectangular and about two inches long. It may have fallen out, I had to tape mine in to prevent the bad roads around here shaking it loose every week or two.

JJ

"L. Morm>

Reply to
JJ

Are you even sure the flasher is what you need, I assume you already rocked the emrgency flasher back and forth ?.

Martin. Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

Spray some wd40 into the emergency flasher switch and then rock it back and forth, 90% of times it's the that, 8% being the flasher relay, and 2% the emergency switch doesn't clean up with wd40 and has to be replaced. The Relay should be where the other folks said it was, although, it's more centered behind the cluster, it's a black plastic relay with 3 electric pins and 1 plastig alignment pin. Martin. Autobahn Auto

Reply to
Bnzmn600

Martin - Thanks, I did what you said and didn't fix it but I found the relay!! It is under the horizontal panel just in front of the gear shift lever. Thanks for pointing me there. The relay was very warm and when I took it out it has a rattle. I will try to find a replacement in the morning. Thanks again, Larry

Reply to
L. Mormino