Help needed on 84 td

a friend has a lot of electrical problems with the wagon. 1st --- the turn signals do not work at all , nothing 2nd--- the brake lights do not work 3rd --- the horn does not work
4th --- the fuel gauge is whacky --- unreliable. the fuses, bulbs, flasher unit, have been checked. What could be the problem? any help would be appreciated. Larry
Broken ground connection.
I have checked for 12v at the fuses == OK. What we thought was the flasher unit is not. Where is the flasher unit?

its a box that looks somewhat like a relay but 3 times the size rectangular, and its black and under the dash

Is it on the drivers side? I got the panel off and still can not find it. Also, the brakes switch works but there is only 1volt. All the connectors look clean. There is no voltage at the bulb. Still looking. Larry