HELP --Online wiring diagram for a 240D?

Page 2 of 2
Thanks Tiger.
I did some further checking and found that the assembly was as far into the steering as needed. I backed off the black cap 2-3 turns and the key would then turn.
However, it now sticks out past the face of the locking cylinder. When the key is turned to position 2 to start the engine it does not spring back as it used to. Just before I stopped for the day, I did a quick check on the lights and they seem to be the same as when I started i.e. it seems that the ignition switch was not the problem. Now I have to replace the old switch :-)
Thanks for the support.
Such is life :-)
MR
.

turn
Man... you need to get your teminology right... the manual labels each part... use those names. What you are referring to is the black armor for the ignition tumbler.
Volume 1, Page 46-640, item labelled part 2 is called a cap; yours is a "plastics" one and mine is a "screw-type" Both are black and mine is painted steel.
I sure didn't get it right at first (no manual available) but my last emails did..
Do we have the same manual? and are we talking about the same thing?
MR