Help please....230 te rear seat wont go down!!

hi, can anyone help me please . ive recently bought a 230te mercedes, and want to use the entire rear space for transporting,as i m moving. managed to get the double small seats to go down no prob, but cant for
the life of me find the release for the middle back rests. i realise u have to put the smaller down first as the dog guard is attached to the other one. i can get the actual seats up ok. previous owner has no idea as he never had a need .
thanks alot for your help if you know

The seat bottoms must first be flipped up towards the back of the front seats. The release for that is on the bottom of the seat and the hand falls right on it. After the seat bottoms are flipped up, the smaller seat back is laid down then the larger.