Help please

My old 190e would not start because I thought the fuel pump was bad so I changed it.I can run power to the pump and get fuel to the engine.My question is I messed with the fp relay and now I have no spark.Can the fuel pump relay tell the ignition system not to work?Or did I screw something else up?By the way,Haynes manuals in my opinion are not adequate for troubleshooting.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.1988 190e 2.3 l.124,000 miles

Reply to
rick

Suggest: 1. Buy a new fuel pump relay 2. Pray the engine's ECU wasn't damaged by your "fixing"

  1. Throw the Haynes away; it tries to cover too many models, unsuccessfully 4. Buy either an old M-B paper manual or the CD-ROM
Reply to
T.G. Lambach