Help please

I am trying to correct a fault on a 1999 SLK230 We knew the pads were ready for changing but just before we changed them a warning lamp came on. The lamp is the ASR lamp. We were hoping that changing the pads and sensors would correct this but I guess the pad warning lamp in nothing to do with the ASR. Is it just a coincidence that this light came on just as the pad warning sensor was starting to touch? Does it need to go onto a computer to reset or check?

Thanks in advance

Ken

Reply to
ken Booth

you can reset the light indicater by puuting in the key and turning the key all the way befor starting then move to the malfuction light and press reset also make sure the dorr is closed when resetting this worked for me after a couple og times

"ken Booth" wrote

Reply to
captan