Help Please : What type of ATF fluid to use in 85 500sel

I just got an 85 500SEL for my son. He really loves the car. Very clean. When I checked the Tranny fluid this morning, it was below the lines. So, I got the manual out to check what type of fluid I should get, and it said to call my dealer for information. So, if any of you can point me to the right tranny fluid I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Peter

Reply to
None None

Thanks

Reply to
None None

You checked it with the car running right?

Hope this isn't insulting, but hey you never know...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph