Help Please : What type of ATF fluid to use in 85 500sel

I just got an 85 500SEL for my son. He really loves the car. Very clean. When I checked the Tranny fluid this morning, it was below the lines. So, I got the manual out to check what type of fluid I should
get, and it said to call my dealer for information. So, if any of you can point me to the right tranny fluid I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Peter
Dextron

You checked it with the car running right?
Hope this isn't insulting, but hey you never know...
Marty