HELP! Single wiper motor, or blade, or what??

I have a '96 C220 48K miles
The single wiper has always worked fine. Recently, it seems to hiccup in the middle of the motion pattern. For half the motion (in the
middle), the wiper goes slow, or very slow. It is almost as if there is SYRUP on the middle portion of the glass that holds the wiper through that part of the motion.
The problem stopped for a while, and started again this morning. I thought it was the blade since the problem has seemed intermittent.
This morning it was raining pretty hard, and the wiper is driving me NUTS! It clears slowly, but I also am tentative to use it, since I worry that might burn out the motor.
PLEASE HELP!

    http://articles.mbz.org/electric/wipers /
Richard:
Thanks a million -- that was a perfect response!
My best, Ian
Richard Sexton wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'd like to butt my nose in here and suggest getting the Teflon blades from NAPA. They are slick as Teflon and never skip or fail to wipe clean.