Help to I.D. Grille Emblem Badge

Hello!
I've had a Mercedes grille or hood badge amongst my things for a number of years. I think my dad got it at a swap meet and simply said "don't
lose this" and for the past 15 years or so I haven't, nor do I know where it came from. Here's a pic of it:
http://www.johnspangler.com/share/mercedesemblem.jpg
I've scoured the 'net for info on this but came up empty. Thanks for your time,
-John
Lot of these on sale on Ebay...You might be able to match it up and figure out the year and model.
Peter