Help w/door problems- 97 E320

Hi- a couple of strange things are going on... 97 E320-
I lock the doors- sometimes make a turn or hit a bump and then the overhead light goes on, then off.. sometimes the doors unlock as well... any idea
what is causing this? Also, annoying design problem, the trunk release on the 97 pushes down, easy to hit it and pop the trunk.. has anyone found a solution.. the 98's and up are 'pull up switches'- and will not fit in the '97..
Thank you...!
--
B'Regards,

Vinnie
Hi.
Maybe the same problem I had. Here's the answer I gave to another guy with a similar problem.
Checked the door switches, or the switch for the hood? I had a similar problem resulting in flashing interior lights when I drove over a bump and the hood lifted a mm or two. My alarm also went off one night without any obvious reason.
The fault was a slightly bent holder for the alarm-switch under the hood.
/Holger C280-95
Uncle Vinnie wrote:

Huh... I thought of door switches, but never the hood! I'll check and get back to you, thank you!

problem
hood
obvious reason.

hood.