HELP W123 TE230 1984 START/EARLY RUNNING PROBLEM!

I have a problem I hope someone can help me resolve please. Car starts 1st time every time however! after a few minutes & usually at a corner or when having to slow down it
seems to die If you feather the acellerator it (JUST) keeps going but usually dies. When it heat up after about 10 minutes and normal running temp established then NO PROBLEMS!
As I live in Scotland & weather here is usually wet in morning anyone have any ideas? Car has done 164000miles but well looked after with me being 2nd owner. Oil & serviced every 6K miles.
Its reliable starting rules out ignition problems.
The fuel injection's "cold start" works perfectly but then then the engine bogs down during its warm up. Problem in engine's "warm-up" phase.
Suggest you check the engine's air intake; it probably has a pre heat device or duct to warm the intake air when the engine is cold. This may not be working as it should be.