Help with 83 300D

Hello all,

I have an 83 300D and I had an odd thing happen yesterday. 2 of my rubber "O" rings, the ones that hold the muffler to the frame, broke and fell off. I think there are a total of 4 and I must have lost those one the road. Then the last 3/4 of the muffler fell from the body. I can reattach everything, but I do not know the name of those parts.

They are shaped like a circle-oval ring. The material is rubber and is maybe a 1/2 inch thick.

Thanks for any leads...

Reply to
aaron

I have had more trouble than I could wish on anyone with those damned things. Nothing like the sound of an entire exhaust system dragging across the ground. As an emergency fix, we have used shock cords or even heavy string just to get the pipe off the ground. Any exhaust repair shop should fix the problem for $20 or so. More than that, you're being robbed.

Reply to
Gogarty