Help with Acceleration question & fuse box question

Hope someone can help. Had my 85 380sl sitting for about a year with a blown engine . Recently had a new one dropped into it and have had it back for about week. Problem is that it has almost no
acceleration - in otherwords i feel as if i have to really push the accelerator for it to go, then also at about 60 mph you feel like it is struggling. I am so sad! Am meeting with the mechanic tomorrow, but thought that if anyone had any ideas, i would be more informed when i met with him (boyfriend has not one mechanical bone in his body!). On another note, think the fuse that operates radio and dash lights might be out , as i have neither:) however although i thought my manual was in the glovebox all along, it is no longer there and i have no earthly idea where it could be ... 1. where can i get a replacement other than dealer, 2. does anyone know which fuse is the one to the radio/dash (as i presume it is one and the same) and what voltage i use. I bought a kit of the fuses i need, i just dont know which to pull, etc. Much appreciate any response!!! Thanks.
--
Posted using the http://www.AutoForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
the engine problem is a bit tough to diagnose over the internet, but my first question would be 'did he put the correct engine in?' owner's manuals are sometimes available on the internet. try ebay or you might try http://www.alloemautoparts.com for the fuse - look at the new fuses you bought. you will see that they are a piece of colored ceramic with a metal strip running from one end to the other. now on the fuse block. if one is blown, the metal strip will be broken. pull that one out (you may have to gently pry it out with a screwdriver or something, but be careful with a metal screwdriver that you don't break adjacent fuses or short something out) and replace it with a new one of the same color. the fuses are color coded for amperage. if none of the fuses are blown, you have a different electrical problem.

http://www.AutoForumz.com/Mercedes-Benz-guys-Help-Acceleration-amp-fuse-box-ftopict97308.html
under the hood the fusebox should be next to the fire wall on the drivers side its door may be held down by a clip or screw knobs
that is where mine is on my 82 300sd
the case, minus a few cans!