Help with controls

I have just bought a 1997 E300 Turbodiesel avantgarde in th UK it has aircon but when i went looking for the user manual it was missing like a fool that I am no idea how to set it or where to get a replacement manual.
Tried internet but got one for USA spec totalyy different.
Any help welcome Chris
Does your car have an automatic climate control system? (Horizontal "window" screen with up/down arrows at its ends.)
If so, driver and passenger may set a temperature for their respective side (arrows).
The fan speed button, when set to 0, shuts down the system.
There's an air distribution mode button whose selection is pictured in the screen.
The system is set to "automatic" mode when the small red light(s) on the outermost tough pads are glowing.
If your car's system differs I suggest you order an Owner's Manual from M-B dealer as there will be other questions as well.