Here is how to stop high fuel prices It will work

Page 2 of 4

Buddy, last time I checked the US has killed 20-30 times as many people as Osama since 9/11, capiche?
cp

Unfortunately mostly the wrong people too.
Yes, both of you are obviously still quite alive. Shame.

Listen @sshole, this is a civilized newsgroup, if you're going to be a prick I suggest you partake in alt.politics
cp
I am pleased that you have called me to task.
Yes, I was being an @sshole. That was a completely cheap shot that I took. But here's why I wrote that.
The shots that you and Martin Joseph took against the US were equally as cheap.
There has been no attacks on the US continent since Bush took action. Have you no sense of how many people, many of whom were US servicemen, have given their lives just so that @ssholes like you can make stupid comments like you have?
The Iraq front has been brilliant, both tactically and strategically.
snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net wrote in

Explain how 30 civilian deaths for each one 9/11 death is "brilliant":
___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________
Kubez wrote:

strategically.
"brilliant":
The US lost about 1,000 sailors at Pearl Harbour. Explain how the loss of millions of lives in WW II justified the death of a 1,000 sailors.
snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net wrote in

Uh... we attacked the country that ACTUALLY ATTACKED US?
You obviously have not researched the nature of Al Quaida at all.
FYI, it belongs to no country and has no borders. I suggest you research before you criticize.
Vehemence and tenacity are not substututes for ignorance.
This is as far as I will take this argument.
As "cp" pointed out - this is not a political discussion newsgroup. You are free to reply as you wish.
snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net wrote in

Well at least dancing on 100,000 graves seems to have fatigued you.
Little solace to them.
snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net wrote in

Neither did the CIA and the Bush Administration.

They had no operations in Iraq, and none of the Iraqi civilians killed had or have been identified as having any ties to Al Qaida.

Then I suggest you dispense with the former, and cure your severe case of the latter.

Couldn't have said it better.
cp
Poor understanding of history of you think that Pearl Harbor/WW2 and Iraq are in any way comparable.
DAS
< snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
Dori, I said I wouldn't post any more political responses to this thread so I will mail you directly. You'll see why my analogy was valid.

You have got to be kidding me.
Cheap shots against the US? Buddy, open up your eyes and smell the roses, spend some thousands of hours of research and then come back and tell me that I'm taking "cheap shots at the US". Your demon government will not destroy other peoples but will result in the destruction of the US economy as well, when that happens, I'm on the street, as Canada will fall right behind.

You FOOL, WHAT does that prove? Attempting to explain geo-politics to you would be like attempting to explain calculus to a kindergarten.

WHAT STUPID COMMENTS??!@!? WHAT HAVE YOUR US SERVICEMEN SAVED ME FROM!?!?!??! YOUR US SERVICEMEN HAVE >>>>>>>BUTCHERED<<<<<<<<<< HOW MANY THOUSANDS SINCE 9/11!?!??!!!!!!!!!!
HOW MANY >>>>>>>>>>MILLIONS<<<<<<<<<< HAVE YOUR REDNECK ILL-TRAINED RETARD JOHN WAYNE SOLDIERS HAVE BUTCHERED SINCE WW2!?!?!?!?!?
I HAD A FRIEND OF A FRIEND FROM TELL ME THAT HE HOPES THAT HE GETS CALLED UP TO IRAQ SO THAT HE CAN SEE SOME ACTION, WANT ME TO TELL YOU WHAT I TOLD HIM!@?!??!

GET BLOODY INFORMED YOU IGNORANT COWBOY FOOL! ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HAVE ELECTED BUSH AND WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF THIS CONTINENT@!!!
cp
I agree but do not understand what problem you have with the article. I posted it in reply to another post which had political overtones.
cp

Oh yeah, and the BS from Nigel was free of political overtones? What a moron!

Buddy, the post I replied had political overtones, SO I REPLIED WITH THE LIKE!!
cp
OK, I can "top-post" with the best of them. What problems do I have with Nigel's article? Frankly, it shows clearly just how dangerous a little education can be.
1) the color of the article seems predicated on some imagined U.S. "WAR FOR RESOURCES AND THE ECONOMIC SURVIVAL OF THE UNITED STATES AS A GLOBAL POWER". Here's the blunt truth. There are no major corporations that even imagine that there is some fictitious "US ONLY" economy. Here's a hint - count the number of times the word "Chrysler" is mentioned in this newsgroup. Isolationism has not been a viable policy since the forties, and believe me, the real MBA's working for real US corporations (who the heck does Nigel work for?) know this. And the real politicians, who are generously taken care of by the real corporations know this, too.
2) The "failure" of the U.S. dollar is unlikely in the extreme. Again, this is strongly tied in with the globalization of our economy. The very "indebtedness" that the article cites is exactly why. An isolated U.S. economy is perfectly capable of collapsing all by itself - witness 1929. Again, REAL MBA's working for REAL corporations are very aware of this. Our very "indebtedness" is something that in a small business, one would call an accounts receivable - and that very negative sounding term is actually not a bad thing in real-world economics.
3) I utterly despise Nigel's assertions that Israel and the U.S. are somehow responsible for terrorist actions. The history of the part of our global culture from which much of the terrorist actions originate is a history of intrigue, assassination and terrorism dating from when the U.S. was a collection of Sioux, Seminole, Cherokee, Arapahoe, etc. nations. Only the Israelis seem to recognize this fact and respond appropriately. Bluntly "the causes of world terror" are cultures that vastly predate not only any current U.S. policies, but even predate the U.S. I do not defend some of the "Cowboy politics" we have been guilty of - but to say "U.S. = deserved terrorism" is just flat over the top.
4) Nigel has been sucked into the whole "The Fed is fictitious" bullshit. Oh gee, let's think about this. We (the U.S.) went from a currency based on a mineral whose supplies were inadequate (gold) to a paper (or goods and services based) economy, and on the way, some wealthy farts may or may not have made a grab for a piece of the pie. SO WHAT? Get over it. Whatever it's origins may have been, the Fed is undoubtedly very real. Get used to it. This diahrrea is spewed by some of the sleaziest crotch vermin on the planet, those affiliated with Global Prosperity and Pinnacle Quest to incite those who either have no common sense or are just f'king nuts to part with their hard-earned cash. Guess what. The Fed is real. The IRS is real. Don't like their origins? Too bad. They're a fact of life. So is the prison you will go to if you swallow the utter nonsense utter nonsense propagated by PQI and Global Prosperity.
5) Who the heck is Nigel H Maund, anyway? He claims in his own modest words to be a "world-renowned Geologist" and an "Economic Geologist"... Hey great - He's a geologist! He's an economist! He's two nuts in one. His claim to fame seems to be mostly spouting off about the Fed and Alan Greenspan, and stealing some charts from Clive Maund, who seems to spend a lot of effort stating that Nigel's works are not his.
6) Finally, the top post was just dumb. It was A) totally incorrect in it's assumptions, and B) childishly naive and simplistic in it's solutions. Nigel's pseudo-educated drivel didn't really shed a lot of light on the real issues, which are, I'm afraid, a little bit tougher to face. Having a one-day gas tantrum isn't going to do much to the petro- economy. Boycotting the right companies (which the top post has utterly wrong) won't even make much of a dent. Making deliberate, INFORMED, personally responsible, long-term choices seems unconfortable, but ultimately holds more promise for addressing the real issues.
There's more - actually quite a lot more, but that will do for starters.
Conrad