Here we go - big SBC recall by MB and Botch ...er, Bosch

It appears there are additional problems with the brake-by-wire technology to be aware of. What an unfortunate development.
http://usautonews.auto123.com/en/info/autonews/index,view.spy?artid%024

Michael
The spokesman's name (Reifenrath) is somehow appropriate to the subject... (Reifen = tyre)
Maybe Merc will reconsider its race to be first in technology, but I suppose it has to try in this macho competition with BMW et al.
DAS
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

And to top it RATH is old German for RAT = advice...
Juergen
Indeed. And Rath could even mean "adviser", could it not?
:-)) DAS
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Yes. No ("Rath" does not come from Rad -- modern spelling is "Rat", as you indicated initially.)
DAS
snipped-for-privacy@ca.inter.net (Michael Low) wrote in message

BTW, according to the said news report, the cost of the recall is supposed to total only $30 million. By my simple calculation this would work out to an average of $44.12 per vehicle.
In Canada and the US, this would barely pay for 30 minutes of dealer service time. It also implies there would be no parts involved. So how is this cost estimate possible? Is the fix a software update? I wonder how the SBC can be reprogrammed to prevent bubbles from entering the system?
Any ideas?
Michael