HID Headlight Problem

My left HID headlight on my C55 cuts on and off with no pattern when I drive. When it goes off it is completely off and when it comes back on after one or two seconds it is completely on and bright. Any possible
causes - my dealer is over 100 miles away.
Most likely it is the ballast problem. You can try to reseat the plug for the bulb to eliminate possible corrosion... I would also reseat the fuse too.