HID lights for 1999 S500

3 different dealers in NYC told me that it can't be done. Yet I've heard there are kits available for this. Anyone know if the headlights can be retrofitted
to HID lights? Any place in NYC that does this? Cost?
Thanks
This is a test -please ignore

there
retrofitted
there are kits for any car to convert to HID.
Only issue is the heat generated, if there's little room for them inside the assembly and the lense isn't glass it's going to yellow it, or worse still, melt it.

there
retrofitted
On 25 Nov 2003 16:36:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Tonyny44) wrote:

W220 chassis? You can retrofit Xenons to these, but it will be expensive. You need lamps, wiring loom, xenon control unit, height sensor for axle and maybe some other bits, plus a hefty labour bill no doubt.
I've got some left hand drive xenons for W220, drop me a line if you are interested.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
W220 chassis? You can retrofit Xenons
Its a w140 chassis -- 1999 S class
On 27 Nov 2003 02:01:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Tonyny44) wrote:

Hello Just go to the MB Parts and purchase the W140 Xenon headlamp assemblies. Takes about an hour to install. Change the fuse for the low beams to the same value as the cars equiped with Xenon. I installed them in our 92 W140 and they work great!
David
Just go to the MB Parts and purchase the W140 Xenon headlamp assemblies. Takes about an hour to install. Change the fuse for the low beams to the same value as the cars equiped with Xenon. I installed them in our 92 W140 and they work great!
David
David where did you get yours? Cost?
Thanks
On 27 Nov 2003 16:59:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Tonyny44) wrote: