high idle problem

hello i have jus chage idle control vaule nothing happened is it possible be idle control unit beacuse i dono my idle always too high as soon as i putt in drive they comes low but when in park the goes up
to 20 any helpp please let me know thank you.
I have always told people that it is not the idle control valve at fault for high idle speed... yet people still do that the first thing.
Majority of the reason for high idle speed is two thing... depending on the models and years.
First thing to check would be your overload relay fuse... the only relay unit you have in the fusebox or behind the battery... that has a red fuse on the top... another telltale reason for suspect is your antilock brake light is on.
The second reason and most common cause of failure is the idle control unit. Get a reman unit.