hood release on '85 MB 300D

The inside release on my 300D is not broken, but it pulls all the way back and the hood doesn't pop. This is obviously something of a problem. can anyone tell me how to get the hood open without using the release? thank you.

Reply to
kaos_smd

A can opener would work. Or a long screw driver inserted thru the grille to push back the release lever. Change the release cable before you close the hood/bonnet.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

I can see the latch behind the grill but cant seem to spring it by pushing, prying, or rotating..vertical cylinder in front of latch. specifics?

Reply to
kaos_smd

It's cold and dark here right now. In the morning I'll look and maybe have something more specific. Perhaps some else could comment.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

There is a black plastic plate covering the latch mechanism. An anti-theft deterant. I have been known to have to destroy the hood star base and remove it to open a late 123 hood......

Reply to
Karl