Hood spring plate removal

    Underneath of the hood in my W115 is a thin spring metal plate that runs a bit off center from the front of the hood to the back. It seems
to be used instead of the usual skeleton one finds underneath a hood. What is the safest way to remove (and reinstall) it so I can take care of the rust in the hood?
--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)