Hot relay on 560SEC

The battery died in my '86 560SEC after the car sat for a week. The battery is new. Charged it up,started the car and verified that the alternator was charging. Looking into the fusebox under the hood, I noticed that a relay was hot to the touch. There are 6 relays in the drivers side of the box. The hot one is the last one toward the front of the car. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows the function of that relay?

Reply to
Bill Bunn

Remove the "hot relay" to learn its function - by what stops functioning.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

Exactly... what is the part number stamped on the side of it?

Reply to
Tiger

More info on relay: The relay is for the seat adjustment motors. Seats will not move with relay out. Part #0015420219. On the otherside SR9850. I disconnected the Neg. battery cable with the relay in place and checked the current draw with a heavy duty ammeter.Saw 3 amps for about a second then faded to nothing. Checked it again and again.with the same result. Seems to draw about 50 milli-amps after fading, although I blew the .5 amp fuse in the little meter checking. At this point, the relay is getting warm again with the car just sitting. I wonder if it is a bad relay?

Reply to
Bill Bunn

Or the seat switch is stuck ON, probably due to dirt inside the switch.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach