Hot Tranny Fluid Leak??

We are on the road near Las Vegas. Temps are over 100 F and used th airconditioning (1998 C230 MB). We noticed while climbing up hill over 3000 ft that as soon as we turned on the A/C we got some apparent blow
by from the Transmission. Created lots of white smoke as it hit the exhaust system. It has happened twice each time maybe 1 cup fluid leaked out. Doesn't seem to coming out from the pan but maybe higher up in the trans area. What might be going on here. In cooler San Diego area without hill driving we see no problem or leakage anywhere. Just at hot hard driving conditions. Is there some sort of relief valve function going on here. Thanks for your tips.
Stuck in Las Vegas
Larry
Suggest you first check the transmission's fluid level. It should be checked after some driving so the box is hot and checked with the motor at idle, in Park and car level. Level should be between the two marks on the stick. If the box is sealed (no dip stick) I'd have the local dealer check it before heading back to S.D.
--

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.

Larry, I do not know if this is your problem.
It was on my 2001 SLK320. It began as a small leak at the electrical connector. Eventually dripping down onto the exhaust (very slight) and then onto the garage floor (which is when I noticed it. It was a cheap repair. I think the replacement fluid was more than the parts (about US$10)
http://mbca.cartama.net/showthread.php?t 488

Thanks for your replies above. The local dealer indicted that the 13 pin electrical trans connector might be the problem. It has 2 O-ring seals and a new one cost about $25. Looks like an easy replace fix. I will watch the level carefully on the way home and fix it at home. Plan not to use the AC on the way home as this may add more heat to the trans fluid.
Larry

Larry,
Just FYI; I asked my mechanic how much fluid had leaked out over the weeks the problem existed and it was negligible. I would not worry too much about the AC causing additional heat problems unless you are stopped in traffic for a long period of time.