How are the Diesel models?

You've forgotten one thing re 240D and 300D... although the latter has more horses, it's typically "Automatic", OTOH the 240D came typically as a 4 speed manual.... I've driven both and the 240 is much better at accelerating... I guess there is the possibility that the 300D I drove was crap.

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

dangerous to drive they are so

I think the engine is actually rated around 120 hp by MB. Is yours modified?

Reply to
robrjt

Yeah, but it is paid for.

Reply to
Gogarty

I screwed down the wastegate shut to get the factory spec boost and regularly clean the banjo connection.

I woodn't call it muscle car performance but you can definitly feel wen it kicks in.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Of course, but it's fun to reminisce about the slow-coaches. Plus, as you can see, quite a few people still have them.

And the engines are probably more robust because less sophisticated.

Modern diesels and petrol engines are hard tell apart in the driving.

As I have probably said before, a 1.9 l td in a small car like an Alfa Romeo

147... beautiful (to look at and drive).

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

and my CDI will wipe any of those, join the 21st century and ditch those 25 year old relics

Reply to
jdoe