How can I remove speedometer needle?

Group, I have a good speedometer with a damaged dial and a bad speedometer with a good dial. I can change the dial if I can get the needle off the shaft. Can any one tell me if that can be done and how?
Thanks Bruce Buchanan 300SD key Najurb
Assuming you have the speedo clear of the cluster, you can remove the needle by carefully prying it off the stem, since it is pressure fit onto the shaft. One technique is to use two spoons, and lever them under the needle to push the needle up. Go slow, the pin that it is connect to is very fine.