How can you distiguish a true AMG from an after market

I am in the process of purchasing a 95 Mercedes S500 coupe AMG.. Can someone tell me how you can authenticate if it is a true AMG or after market. It does have the AMG wheels and has AMG written on the rear.
It also has a spoiler. I know they only produced about 500 AMGs until 99. Any relevant and historic info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
That is before MB and AMG got together... so the best way to verify is to contact AMG directly if that car is official by the VIN number or their AMG badge stamp with their serial number by the driver door.
Otherwise, dealer might know if they punch in the VIN number.
True AMG is all modified by AMG... engine, exhaust, suspension, brake, body kit, interior seats AMG, interior wood trims, and wheels.
I sold an 82 Isuzu Imark diesel on ebay disguised as a "Counterfeit Mini" a few years ago. Anyone interested in a 1979 AMG 300SD? ;-)
--
Stupendous Man
Defender of Liberty, Advocate of Justice