How do I get to the cabin air filters on 2002 E430?

Hi, I am new to this group. I want to change the charcoal filter and reg. cabin air filter on 2002 E430. I don't know where to start. No information given on the manual.
Please help!
- Mo -
Remove glove box to get to the two dust filters. Don't know about the charcoal filter, probably there too.
Thanks!

I removed 2 upper screws and 2 lower screws in the box but it does not seem to slice out. I did not want to force too much and break the mold. Are there any more screws? Any screws inside the light cover? If so, how do I remove the light cover in the glove box? Should I try to remove the underside paneling of the glove compartment to reach the filters?
Thanks in advance.

Have you removed the glove box light?
No. But I found that two charcoal filters can be removed from below the glove box area, above the foot well(?), after removing a foot warmer vent cover and two screws for a panel on the passenger side. There are two white sliding lockers on the covers of the charcoal filters. They slide opposite directions to release the covers for the filters. On the reg. filters, I could not get to them. I found six screws on the glove box, 2 at the bottom, 2 at the top front, 2 next to the glove compartment light. Are there any more? Any screw inside the glove compartment light cover? I try to pull out the glover compartment light/switch piece but it did not come out easy. Should I try to pull harder? Which direction should I pull, down or out, if down which side first? Or should I mess around with light /switch at all? Thanks for your help. -Mo-

You're on the right track, the glovebox is not easy to pull out. There are 6 screws and it sounds like you've got them all. You can disconnect the light after you pull it out but if you get it out first it might give you something more to pull on. Pull it straight out. It will come away with quite a pop when you finally get it loose.
MC

The light should come out - into the glove box with its wires still attached.