How do I replace rear hub(wheel) bearrings on 85 300dt???

I did the whole "jack the car up/ wiggle wheel test". But i'm not sure what steps need to be taken to get to the bearring. Any feedback will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

-- plewis_sr

View this thread:

Send from

plewis_sr

Are you absolutely sure the bearing is bad? This is a rather involved repair.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

steps need to be taken to get to the bearring. Any feedback will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Reply to
Darrell with DieselBenz.info

Couple of things to add, it's beena while and this is from memory. The fatory manual wants you to use a special tool and I don't remember of poeple use a slide hammer instead of or as the manual describes.

Plus you need to use a depth gage on a magnetic stand to dial them on. Poeple do it by hand/feel but they will not last as long as ones that are done properly.

It is an ugly repair. One of mine is still original :-)

Reply to
Richard Sexton