How do I replace rear hub(wheel) bearrings on 85 300dt???

I did the whole "jack the car up/ wiggle wheel test". But i'm not sure what steps need to be taken to get to the bearring. Any feedback will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

-- plewis_sr
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-385631.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
Are you absolutely sure the bearing is bad? This is a rather involved repair.

http://www.dieselbenz.info/wheel_bearings.htm
it may help a little.

--

thanks,
Darrell

Couple of things to add, it's beena while and this is from memory. The fatory manual wants you to use a special tool and I don't remember of poeple use a slide hammer instead of or as the manual describes.
Plus you need to use a depth gage on a magnetic stand to dial them on. Poeple do it by hand/feel but they will not last as long as ones that are done properly.
It is an ugly repair. One of mine is still original :-)