How does one test the heat exhanger sensor on the plastic heater motor cover???

Hello all,
I have a 93 190E 2.3L and I was wondering, how does one test the heat exchanger sensor on the plastic heater motor cover??? This sensor sends an input signal (resistance) to the climate control for heating
and cooling. If I find that it's defective where and how much does one of these things cost. I looked online for the part and could not find it at Benzbin.com or bimmerparts.com