How hard is it to change the valve seals on a 240D?

I've got an 82 240 D w/ good compression that will smoke at startup and then stop smoking till you rev it. It can use a quart of oil in 2 hours if you drive that 2 hours at 70. Much less if you drive slower. I was thinking valve seals.

Also, do you get what you pay for w/ Kent Bergsma's parts kit & how to on 240 D valve seal replacement? $50 is steep when I don't need the new valve cover seal, and the seals themselves are about $10.

Reply to
moon161

It is more likely that you got a poor engine... compression wise. What is the compression reading? You should have over 300 PSI. What is the current mileage?

Reply to
Tiger