How I saved money- NOT- fixing my MB's!

Thought I'd share this with you folks..
I bought and replaced the hood ornament on my '97 E320- saving dealer labor of $20 (for 10 seconds of work!) I also bought and replaced the rear washer
nozzle and cap my '98 ML320- my guess an hour of labor ($99 p/h) since I had to take apart the rear door cover, dig out the broken tube, etc.. So all in all, I guess I saved about $120 plus tax right?
They got me anyway! Both in for service.. I hadn't noticed the rear brake light was out on the ML320... bulb- $2.25, labor $12.95! To change a bulb...
I just have to laugh....13 bucks to change a bulb!
--
B'Regards,

Vinnie

Thats how people get rich.

I thought thats how they get on milk cartons.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.optonline.net says...

Seriously, though, my shop does it free -- no charge for either the bulb or the labor.
Hanz und Franz down at Heavy Carl's do change the bulbs for free. But they do charge for them and there have been no bulbs which cost less than $12. So I guess you might want to watch parts cost vs labour cost. Of course I realy did get a kick out of it when they charged two hours labor to identify and change a bad coil on top of a plug as they were doing the big plug change checkup!
mcbrue coiledly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420