How much for this E320 Wagon ?

1995 E320 Wagon 151k miles Black, tan MB TEX New tires (Bridgestone) Cold AC Factory CD changer Fully stamped log book ALL receipts Clean report from MB Tech

What is this vehicle worth ?

Thanks,

Ross

Reply to
John Doe

These are great cars but they have some very expensive maintenance items that if not already done, you will have to have them done.

  1. Head gasket: K
  2. Throttle actuator: .7K
  3. Engine wiring harness: 0
  4. Radiator: 0
  5. Water pump: 0
  6. AC evaporator (God forbid!): 00
  7. Mass air flow meter: 0

So far, I have had to do everything except the evaporator on my '94 wagon with 100K miles.

Ask the seller what has been done and insist on seeing the proof. If the above parts have been replaced, I feel a fair price for this car is around

8-10K.
Reply to
Jerry Mullen

Gee, if the above are maintenance items then it can't really be a great car.

cp

Reply to
cp

The cost of the "maintenance" items would be $7650. That is outrageous for a '93 vehicle. I haven't spent that much on my '86 190E 2.3 in almost 20 years of ownership and over 195,000 MILES on the odometer.

Reply to
Hernando Correa

Must be something wrong with them if it's typical for the head gasket to be replaced at that age.

Though it's understandable that the following would have to be changed; Throttle actuator, Engine wiring harness, Radiator, Water pump, Mass air flow meter. Though at "only" 10 years...

Can't blame the car for that

years of ownership and over 195,000 MILES on the

My brother had a 260E with over 340K km after he sold it to a friend, that guy is still happy with the car. Those were cars.

cp

Reply to
cp

be replaced at that age.

Throttle actuator, Engine wiring harness, Radiator, Water

almost 20 years of ownership and over 195,000 MILES on the

guy is still happy with the car. Those were cars.

Reply to
Jerry Mullen

Just use kbb.com, edmunds.com or nadaguides.com for pricing guideline... edmunds.com tends to be more specific and most of time, reflect actual market value.

Don't bother with "potential" cost of repairs... it is not your responsibility to compensate for them... but if it is obvious that you got that problem... it would be worth to consider partial cost discount.

The fact you got all service records will increase your value...

Reply to
Tiger

Oh I'm sure that the later w124s are excellent cars, but that's about when they started getting cheap on the components, as you demonstrate.

cp

Reply to
cp

This is an overly simplistic explanation (blaming the recycled plastic). Let's just say the harnesses were poorly manufactured shall we?

Reply to
Martin Joseph