How to determine value of 1980 300SD

Anyone know good resources to see what cars like this are going for? Seems that in Raleigh, NC the prices you see posted on similar cars are higher than the Kelley Blue Book value, which doesn't list cars that old anyway.
Only found one in local paper. I've got one with 225k miles in good shape and would like to put it up for sale. Thanks for any advice anyone may have. And, hey, if you're looking for one, let me know.
well i depends on many things on Hilton Head if it is in good shape some one will give you 3 K for it but with out seeing it or driving it its a crap shoot.
repairs on a 24 year old car can be tough. i just spent 1,500 on my 82 on a host of things. 500 of it was now needed but wanted it done any way. $ spent on preventive stuff is well spent
the case, minus a few cans!
nadaguides.com
I appraised one of these a few years ago and the prices ranged from $1,500 to $5,000, almost totally dependent upon the car's condition and mileage. "Condition" on these old cars is not just their appearance but also the miles remaining on the engine and transmission's estimated useful life.
I checked the local papers, e-bay and autotrader for similar cars, noting in all cases their mileage and condition when it could be determined.