How to find Chassis Number?

How can I find the chassis number on my Merc 93 280E? There's a whole swag of numbers on a plate by the radiator, is the number here?

Reply to
Billby

"How can I find the chassis number on my Merc 93 280E? There's a whole swag of numbers on a plate by the radiator, is the number here? "

It should be the first 3 digits of the VIN number. At least that's how it is on a 300SD. The VIN number is usually on a tag visible through the windshield, it's on the title, and it;s on your registration.

Reply to
trader4