How to remove plastic skirt

Hi
1996 E300D. I have some rust appearing on the trailing edge of the front wheel arches and the leading edge of the rear wheel arches. I want to treat
the rust, but to do the job properly, I need to remove the plastic skirting. I can't see any obvious clips, so does anybody know how to do this without special tools?
TIA
Richard
Charlie Brown wrote:

This assumes that the skirt is not glued to the metal.
Try slipping the blade of a paint scraper in between the plastic and the metal. Then slide it around to see if you can find the points where it is anchored. If you find one try bending the scraper away from the metal in an attempt to pull the catch out.
Good luck :-)