How To Remove Window Switches In 300SD?

How do you remove the wood trim to get the center window switches in an 83 300SD?

DON'T TRY to remove the wood just get a SMALL flat blade scwew driver and pry them up.
the case, minus a few cans!
Thanks!
pool man wrote:

Why not? You just take out the ashtray, undo 2 screws, take out the ashtray frame, slide out the coin try, put the wood forward and it pops up. Richard

you have to unplug the switches before the center console can be pulled out.
the case, minus a few cans!

In the '90 420SEL there is enough slack so the center console can be lifted enough to get a hand on the switch connectors. Don't know if this applies to the earlier SD.
John
my thought was plugging the plugs back in. in mine it would be a nightmare. also wires as old as mine i just don't want to push it.
pulled the cluster off my dash and they were a bit skimpy on the wire there also
it is an 82
the case, minus a few cans!