how to say "good-bye" to a 300SD

The other day my wife returned from a long trip to Chicago with what was left of our '84 300SD. Unfortunately a coolant leak had developed and she continued to drive it until it seized and died a few blocks from our
house. The engine will still start but I've heard jackhammers that are quieter. (what a noble machine, not dying out on the prairie somewhere!)
This has happened at a crucial time in the car's life - it's just hit 250K,some alignment issues (perhaps new ball joints) and the shocks, exhaust and brakes are all due for repair... the injection system has a couple of minor leaks, and In the last six months it's gone through an alternator, starter, and belts. When we bought the car three years ago I knew it had been through some hard times, so I got it pretty cheap.
If I had the time and resources to dump another engine in it I might, but since I don't I think it's time to say "so long". I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has about disposing of the car in a quick and painless (read "get some money out of what's left") manner.
It was sweet while it lasted - at least I still have my favorite '84 300D.
thanks in advance,
terry solomonson
Do you still have your wife????
CEmely wrote:

ROTFL!
You made my day!!!
Juergen
You can buy my '85 300SD from me to ease your grief.....
--
Signed,

Kevin L. Bray
Easy solution. Open the hood. Get a good jack. Twist the raidiator cap and jack it up a couple inches. Push the shot 300D backwards and to the side. Drive a new car under the radiator cap and let the jack down far enough to fasten the cap onto the new raidiator. OH! Be sure to remove the new cap first. Hope that helps. No need to thank me..