How to set timing on 190E?

I have a 1985 190E and I would like to check the timing, but I cannot see any markings. When underneath the car, I can see a wheel with markings behind the flywheel. But I still cannot locate any marking
from top or bottom to set the timing. I am only use to traditional cars with a marking directly overtop the flywheel, which make it easy. Can anyone explain to me where I should be looking?
VERY hard to see with a timing light. MB uses a magnetic pickup and you check timing with a Sun scope.

Thanks for the information Karl. While I was under the car, I did see a magnetic pickup sensor above and to the side of the wheel behind the flywheel. Is this the cruise control sensor or is it the magnetic sensor for setting the timing?
Did you mis-type 'flywheel' for 'harmonic balancer'? Hope so...... Yes the magnetic pickup is bolted to the timing cover and it senses the pin in the balancer as it comes around. The wires for the pickup are in the diagnostic plug on the drivers inner fender. But I do not know of any handtool that will interface with it.....