How to turn on 300sd foglamps?

I bought an '82 MBZ 300SD a while back and I can't see where to turn on the fog lamps. I've tried all the positions on the rotary light switch on the dash left of the steering wheel that controls the head lights
but the fog lamps don't come on. I'm sure some other fog lamps switch must be in plain site if anyone else were looking but I can't see it. Can someone please say how to turn on the fog lamps?
thanks, George
gbugh wrote:

Did you try pulling on the rotary light switch?
| gbugh wrote: | > I bought an '82 MBZ 300SD a while back and I can't see where to turn on | > the fog lamps. I've tried all the positions on the rotary light switch | > on the dash left of the steering wheel that controls the head lights | > but the fog lamps don't come on. I'm sure some other fog lamps switch | > must be in plain site if anyone else were looking but I can't see it. | > Can someone please say how to turn on the fog lamps? | > | > thanks, George | > | | Did you try pulling on the rotary light switch?
With the lights on.
Fog lights only work with headlights on hi or low. Turn on by pulling out on the switch. "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, drink in one hand, totally worn out, shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"
29 09.56N 082 10.13W
Kenneth P. Stox wrote:

The fog lights only work with low-beam not high. On some of the US model 126's the second pull does nothing as the tail lamp is not installed or connected.
gbugh wrote:

You're most welcome. I assume this is your first MB, if so, welcome to the club!

Pull the light knob out. If applicable, one stop is front fog lights, second is rear (brighter tail-lights).
Actually, that should be 'brighter tail-light', not 2....only one on the drivers side. Otherwise people will be saying "Who is the jerk riding his brake pedal?"
Only the drivers side rear fog light illuminates. LHD, the left one. RHD, the right one. This is so the person behind you knows where the position of the car is.