Humming Tires

Just got four brand new tires for the 300E. Went from Michelins to Yokohamas. Same thing happens with these...if I have to make a sudden stop (say, 40mph to a quick stop), the brakes perform OK but geez the
tires make a very loud humming noise as the car slows down. Normal?

Humming? Do you know if anti-squeel paste was applied to the back of the brake pads when they were last done?
Does it only happen when the car is braking? What about coasting to a stop?
Also, if you have ATE Powerdisc or any slotted or cross-drilled rotors... they will hum under moderate to hard braking... like a small airplane landing and braking.

Not sure but I will find out. My car is serviced by MBZ Motors in Winnetka, CA, which has to be one of the most amazing independent Benz service centers anywhere. These guys only do Mercedes, and they know their stuff. I guess I should ask them!
Only happens during hard sudden braking. Loud humming like vibration.
Could it be the antilock brakes operating?
Alec