I have 2003 SL500 Where to from here?

Page 1 of 2
My 2003 SL500 will be 4 years old come March. I'm starting to thnk about another car. Where do I go from here? I don't want to pay another $30-$40K for a SL55 or SL600 etc..
Anyone have any suggestions other then buying another SL500?
Brian

Give me your car and I will give you the advice you seek.

(2003 4 years old?)
What's wrong with a 4 year old SL500? It's not a Viper that's solid only for the first 50k (so I've been told by owners and detractors)
cp
The 2003 came out in March of 2002. My warranty is up in March which is the main reason I was looking. I only have 16K miles

ahhhhh
cp
Keep the car!
===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic
Brian wrote:

Brian wrote:

16k miles in 3 years.
You should not have a car of your own at all ;-)
Reg: Harri
Ah.....the lifestyles rich and famous.....

Unless you're married to having a retractable, I'd suggest a CL500. Still a 302hp car, but a LOT bigger on the inside.
It's basically a 2-door S-class.
For that matter, get an S.....

I've had a C, E and S. Too big..I was looking at the BMW 645CI

No upright star / sight on the end of the bonnet.
DAS
"Brian" < snipped-for-privacy@snip.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
16K and you worry about something breaking? M B now says there cars will go till 30K till it needs costly work.
in a 500 a cheap fix will be around 2K that should be pocket change!!!!!!!!!
SLK55 is inadequate?
.
Mmm... I am assuming you want another car after this... You just don't want to be stuck with repair bills... If it is only the repair bills you are worried about then you can consider AAA Extended Warranty Program.
If you just want another car (because you can), mmm... If that car are just not enough for you in comfort, performance, luxury... I don't know what can match this... higher performance cars cost more...
BMW 645i is nice car... however, like any new car, there are bound to be bugs on it... all the kinks that needed to be worked out. Retaining value is something to be wondered... it may hold up... or it may sink just like the rest of BMWs after 3 years.
He should go for a Bentley http://www.bentleymotors.com/minisites/arnagerl/en/arnagerl.html
because he can.
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:zUmhe.3210$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga...
In that case, get a Maybach
===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400 1999 E320 4-Matic
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

No. He should go for a Mercedes 280SE Convertible 5.6 handmade by Autoschmiede
This means, in brief: A Mercedes W111 convertible from 1971 built up entirely by hand using new spare parts and the complete powertrain of an 1987 Mercedes 560 SEC. Parts like seats, the stereo system and car electronics are modified to look 70's but provide nowaday comfort.
If I were free to chose one car (but only ONE car), this would be the car.
http://www.autoschmiede.com/englisch.htm
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
That is a very good looking convertible.
How much do they sell for?
.
Tasten:

If my memory serves me right, prices start at 150.000 US$ (it widely depends on the features you want to have)
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
I only found the 5.0 l (on special offer) at EUR 95 000. Too cheap. It will have to be a Bentley after all. http://www.autoschmiede.com/e-angebote.htm
DAS