I have 2003 SL500 Where to from here?

Page 2 of 2
The new drophead looks nice.
DaimlerChrysler has nothing that competes.
.

In a strict sense you are, of course, right.
Bentley make a very nice 4-seater convertible.
However, it costs a multiple of a CLK Cab, which brings me nicely to my previously-stated contention that Merc make the best value for money 'large' 4-seater ragtop.
The other nearest might be the Sebring (similar size I think, but not quite such a nice car and not quite as sophisticated), maybe the Audi.
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

As an owner of a BMW E30 325i convertible, I'd like to add that a BMW 330Ci is also quite a nice car, isn't it?
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Yes, of course, but it is smaller.
"Merc make the best value for money 'large' 4-seater ragtop."
If you delete "large" then the field becomes larger (so to speak).
DAS
"Frank Kemper" < snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de> wrote in message

I have a 94 SL320 with 106k miles, and have spent less than $2000 in mechanical repairs over the years. I hope to run it for another 100K miles before I have to do anything major.
If warranty repair is your major concern, buy an extended warranty when you purchase a new car. Otherwise, if performance is your need, go for the McLaren SLR Mercedes and be done with it.
Everything else is just a car, plus owning one is prestigious enough: you don't even have to drive it much, just enough to establish bragging rights.
Canoli
says...

Unless you feel that problems are in the offing for this car, I'd extend the warranty (reading from you later comments), and keep it. IMHO, it is one of the best looking MBs, and far more attractive than the newer SLs. Unless, of course, you now need room for 4-5 adults.
Hunt