I have 2003 SL500 Where to from here?

Unless you feel that problems are in the offing for this car, I'd extend the warranty (reading from you later comments), and keep it. IMHO, it is one of the best looking MBs, and far more attractive than the newer SLs. Unless, of course, you now need room for 4-5 adults.

Hunt

Reply to
Hunt

I only found the 5.0 l (on special offer) at EUR 95 000. Too cheap. It will have to be a Bentley after all.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

The new drophead looks nice.

DaimlerChrysler has nothing that competes.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

In a strict sense you are, of course, right.

Bentley make a very nice 4-seater convertible.

However, it costs a multiple of a CLK Cab, which brings me nicely to my previously-stated contention that Merc make the best value for money 'large'

4-seater ragtop.

The other nearest might be the Sebring (similar size I think, but not quite such a nice car and not quite as sophisticated), maybe the Audi.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" haute in die Tasten:

As an owner of a BMW E30 325i convertible, I'd like to add that a BMW 330Ci is also quite a nice car, isn't it?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Yes, of course, but it is smaller.

"Merc make the best value for money 'large' 4-seater ragtop."

If you delete "large" then the field becomes larger (so to speak).

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling