I just got my "High Mileage Award" - 155,000 Miles +

The odometer in my '86 190E 2.3 reads over 242,000 miles. I applied for the High Mileage Award less than 4 weeks ago and I got it yesterday. It includes the medallion and a fancy certificate.

What is the highest mileage recorded in still running MBs? I suppose that the diesel owners have piled up way more than the minimum required to qualify (250,000 kilometers or 155,000 miles). Any odometer close to

1,000,000 miles?
Reply to
Hernando Correa

The highest I know of is roughly 1,300,000 miles in a diesel W123!

Reply to
CaptainW116

Also,there is a 500,000 mile badge ,1,000,000 mile badge and an absurd

2,000,000 mile badge!
Reply to
CaptainW116

Is there anything for 100,000 miles?? Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD

"CaptainW116" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Actually they're measured by kilometers. That's why the first one is at ~

155,000 miles, which is 250,000 km.
Reply to
Kubez

"Dave HD" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@wideopenwest.com:

No. The first badge is for 250,000 kilometers, which is ~ 155,000 miles.

Reply to
Kubez

OOPS! I stand corrected,meant Km not miles!Sorry!

Reply to
CaptainW116

The Levels of Achievements are as follows:

  1. 250,000 kilometers / 155,000 miles
  2. 500,000 kilometers / 312,000 miles
  3. 750,000 kilometers / 468,000 miles
  4. 1,000,000 kilometers / 625,000 miles
  5. 1,000,000 miles

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC Classic Center Attn.: High Mileage Awards One Mercedes Drive Montvale, NJ 07645 or fax to (201) 802-2151

Hernando Correa wrote:

Reply to
Hernando Correa

100,000 miles is only considered high for domestic cars. A mercedes is not yet broken in at 100K

cp

Reply to
cp

4.6 million KM in one of them nasty looking w115
I've talked with a number of German taxi drivers and their benzes have between 700K kilometers and 900K and no problems, no overhauls on engine or transmission.
Reply to
cp

1988 300TE 768,000 miles.

We don't get awards in the UK.

David

Reply to
David Lane

That's just sick. How many circuits around the UK is that? :-) That's a gas engine, right? I take it the engine has been overhauled? How about the transmission?

:-)

cp

Reply to
cp

I believe the record belongs to Greek taxi driver Gregorios Sachinidis from Thessalonica. Last year he donated his 1976 Mercedes Benz 240 D to the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart with 4.6 million kilometers. The car was bought in Germany in 1981 with around 220,000 km on the clock, before he drove it back to Thessalonica. Here it was in service as a taxi 24 hours a day until July 2004. During this time the owner was able to call upon the original engine and two spare units, deploying them on a rotational basis 11 times in total. Mr. Sachinidis sent a letter to Prof. Jürgen Hubbert, Member of the Board of Management of DaimlerChrysler AG with responsibility for the Mercedes Car Group, thanking him for the excellent service Mercedes-Benz had afforded him over the years. Having received a visit from representatives of the Mercedes-Benz Museum Collection, Mr. Sachinidis decided to hand the car over to the Mercedes-Benz Museum.

Highlighting the reception the president of DaimlerChrysler Hellas, Dr. Alexander Paufler, presented Mr. Sachinidis with a key for a new C 200 CDI to be picked up upon his return to Greece.

Reply to
MTI

Oh,so thats how I get a brand new free Mercedes! I guess I will do a Ferris Bueller( I guess that is spelled correctly)

Reply to
CaptainW116

Yes - 3 litre petrol (gas) engine, only 12 valve though.

Two engine overhauls and three gearbox ones. It's starting to look a bit sorry for itself though.

The UK isn't THAT small you know. And it's been round Europe. Next on the list is a trip to Russia.

David

Reply to
David Lane

for itself though.

hmmm

is a trip to Russia.

Russia! How far? Vladivostok? I'd like to get a G class in Germany and drive it to Canada.

cp

Reply to
cp

Doubt it. Looks like a petrol engine. Not many Mercs run on gas in the UK or in most parts of the world.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

in most parts of the world.

:-) sorry, misunderstanding, I meant petrol :-) though when I'm in Europe I use the term 'gas' for propane (what it's known as here) :)

cp

Reply to
cp

Half-way through my post I twigged what you were saying, but it is important to be clear as in Europe a lot of cars run on gas (not propane, but liquefied petroleum gas or similar) and the UK govt gives incentives for conversion.

As an aside, although the German word for petrol/gasoline (not "gas") is Benzin, the word for accelerator is "Gaspedal" and "to accelerate" is "Gas geben" (to give gas). Yet the word for gas (i.e. not liquid etc) is Gas...

In French the word for petrol is different yet again: essence. Theer must a logic there somewhere, since it all comes from petroleum, irrespective of the language...

:-) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

to be clear as in Europe a lot of cars run on gas

incentives for conversion.

ahhh I thought that propane is the same thing as LPG, never noticed :) thanks for the correction

Benzin, the word for accelerator is "Gaspedal" and "to

Yes, indeed. I guess for diesels it's 'diesel geben' :)

logic there somewhere, since it all comes from

Yeh, I remember making sure I did not put any essence into my diesel when I was in France

:)

cp

Reply to
cp